Are you planning a winter trip and wondering where to go? Well, folks, it is time that you head to London and witness the charm of true winters. With the combination of vintage buildings and modern skyscrapers, this magical city turns into a winter wonderland in winters and standing by the size of river Thames is a majestic experience in itself.
The city which is decorated with lights in winters comes to life. Each and every corner of the city has cheerful and bustling markets that look attractive with the Christmas decorations. So, book a flight right away and plan a wonderful winter vacation. There are many airlines which give special offers on flights to London at this season. One of the best airlines Emirates runs special flights to London every winter and offers great deals to its passengers.
If you are still not convinced with this idea, then we present to you 5 reasons that will convince you to plan a trip to London in winters this year.
- Fewer Visitors: In the winter season, the public attractions have fewer queues when compared to the summers. This can be observed at museums, historic places, art galleries, theatres and even at London Eye. Not only in the London city but there are much fewer people all over England, in places like Edinburg, York, Cardiff and Belfast which are quiet in winters to roam around the countryside. There is a lot of space for everyone including malls, markets, tubes, in fact anywhere you step in.
- Getting Around is Cheaper: There are many ways to commute and roam around London as the public transport is very frequent, and many options like bus, tube, overground, and DLR are available. Public transport is cheaper and best way of commuting in the city rather than hiring a taxi. In the winter season, most of the museums offer free entry, thus the sightseeing is much cheaper on the wallet. Taking accommodation near a tube station can save time and money.
- Winter Wonderland: In winters, London’s Hyde Park becomes a winter wonderland. Flea markets, Christmas shopping, circus acts and much more will be there to watch and enjoy. Though entry is absolutely free to the park, some acts and shows might charge an admission fee. This will be organized for a long stretch of the period,e. November 20th to Jan 3rd. If the weather is supportive an entire day can be spent there with friends and family.
- Shopping While Holidaying: Shopping is fun in London as there are many best places like Regent Street, Oxford-street, Notting Hill, and Knightsbridge and many more. Many attractive deals are available on designer clothes, branded gift items and at this time of the year as ‘year-end sale’ or ‘Christmas sale’ or ‘clearance sale’. The dazzling lights add more fun to the shopping experience.
- Accommodation is Much Cheaper: Lots of hotels offer many great deals at this time of the year. So, you might end up staying in a good hotel for less. The rates of hotels, caravans, holiday homes, tents are available as less as 50% discounted rates than the summer months. But just to be safe side booking accommodation a month or two in advance is always advisable.
Reaching London is possible through airways, and it is a fact that Emirates offers much lesser prices when compared to other airlines. You can even say that Emirates brings the winter wonderland of a fairy tale in front of our eyes. Exploring London in winter is the perfect plan for this winter. So plan a trip to London right away and do not forget to pack your winter wear!Uncategorized